South River and Pleasant Valley Recognized

CONGRATULATIONS!

South River and Pleasant Valley Elementary Schools.

Only 46 schools in the entire state of Virginia are being recognized this year.  RCPS has TWO schools being recognized!!

Title I Schools Recognized for High Achievement

The Virginia Board of Education is honoring 46 schools and one school division for raising the academic achievement of economically disadvantaged students. The awards are based on student achievement on state assessments during the 2011-2012 and 2010-2011 school years.

Title I Highly Distinguished schools must exceed all state and federal accountability benchmarks and achieve average scores on Standards of Learning (SOL) tests in English and mathematics at or above the 85th percentile. The schools achieving this distinction, grouped by division, are as follows:

• Rockingham County Public Schools — South River Elementary

Title I Distinguished schools are recognized for meeting all state and federal accountability requirements for and achieving average reading and mathematics SOL scores at 60th percentile or higher. The 37 Distinguished Title I schools are as follows:

• Rockingham County — Pleasant Valley Elementary

We are so proud of the hard work done by the students, staff, and administration.  Thank you for your hard work, care and expertise.

Nancy J. Lantz
Director of Title I, Preschool, TLC, Science, and Homeless Liaison
Rockingham County Public Schools
100 Mt. Clinton Pike
Harrisonburg, VA  22802
540-564-3207   FAX 540-564-3256

OfficeFolders theme by Themocracy