For the sesquicentennial commemoration of the Civil War, there are many resources available online. This is a great opportunity for our students to learn more about this significant event in our nation’s history and to learn the touching stories of soldiers who fought on both sides.
- Battles and Casualties Interactive Map
- Civil War Trust Civil War 150
- The Washington Post Civil War 150
- Virginia Civil War 150
- National Park Service Sesquicentennial Commemoration
- HistoryNet – Civil War 150 (offers many links to other sites about the Civil War)
Public domain images for the Civil War, including portraits, battles, towns and cities, battlefields, soldiers (living and dead), and Civil War era scenes and activities can be found in the National Archives and the Library of Congress. The image above is in the National Archives Civil War collection.