Welcome to our school’s website. We hope you enjoy looking at all of the great learning activities we have going on at our school!
If you have any comments or questions about items you see on this site, please contact Mrs. Lenz.
This week is our fall Book Fair!
Wed. & Fri. — open till 4 p.m.
Thurs., Oct. 2 — open till 8 p.m.
Mon., Oct. 6 — Last Day!! Open till 11 a.m.
The library earns 25% of sales for new library books. Teachers have filled out wishlists of books they would like for their classroom. You might like to choose one to buy and donate to your child’s teacher. Friends & family are welcome at the Book Fair!
Thurs., Oct. 2 – PTO meeting, 7 p.m.
Mon., Oct. 6 – Wear Blue to Stomp Out Bullying
Tues., Oct. 7 – PTO Fundraiser delivery, 3 – 6 p.m.
Thurs., Oct. 9 – Fall Picture Day!
Thurs., Oct. 16 – MES Night at ERHS Girls Volleyball. MES students get in free! Wear your red & black and cheer for the East Rock Girls. JV game at 5:30; Varsity at approx. 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 22 – Chick Fil A Fundraiser 5-7pm. Come out and support MES while having a delicious dinner!
Notes from Nurse Lynch:
- Mobile dentist will be here November 14th at 9:00AM. Permission forms will be sent home in mid-October.
- The clinic is in need of the following: saltines, goldfish crackers, cereal bars, water bottles, juice and gingerale. Any donation would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome back to what will be a wonderful school year!!! Here are some important items that you might need to know about.
Our school supply list is available by clicking here.
The RCPS School calendar is available here.
Fee day will be held Monday, August 11 from 9am to 7 pm. Parents are encouraged to fill out all of the “back to school” paperwork at that time and will receive their child’s homeroom placement. If you cannot make that time, please come to the office weekdays between 8-3:30. The first day of school for students in grades K-5 is August 19. The first day for PreK Students is August 21. Our Curriculum night and Back To School Picnic will be September 4.
Like last year, elementary students of all ages are able to select an entree choice each day. All students are able to refuse two menu items that are not desired, but at least one fruit or veggie must be selected. Bottled water ($0.75) and juice ($0.35) are available to purchase by any student with a positive account balance. Students in grades 3-5 may purchase additional entree items as well as fruits, veggies, and grains. The September Menus are available here:
Please see the menu for the prices. Thanks and we look forward to serving nutritious meals that meet federal standards while appealing to the food preferences of our students!
Tuesday, April 1st — After-School Tutoring begins 3-4:15. 2nd grade is Tuesday only. 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades are Tuesdays and Thursdays until May 6.
Wednesday, April 2nd — R.O.A.R. After-school book club for “The Sixty-Four Rooms,” 3 – 4 p.m.
Thursday, April 3rd — PK, K, and 1st program at 9:30 a.m. & 6 p.m.
Thursday, April 3rd — PTO meeting at 7 p.m.
Friday, April 4th — Report Cards issued. PrinciPALS 2:15.
No Name Calling week is April 7-11
This fun week focuses on finding ways for students to end name calling, stop bullying, and fight bias. It includes:
- Random Acts of Kindness Marathon
- School Climate Survey
- School wide lessons
- Mix it up Lunch, 4/9, more information below
- Spirit Days
Monday, 4/7, dress like a Super Hero
Tuesday, 4/8, dress like a hippie and say “Peace out” to name calling
Wednesday, 4/9, Crazy sock day
Thursday, 4/10, Wear camouflage and Watch out for name-calling
Friday, Wear a jersey (or shirt) with numbers on it because Everyone Counts!
Lunch Volunteers Needed April 9 10:45-1
- During the second week of April, MES will be having it’s first No-Name Calling Week. The week is a chance for everyone to help stop bullying and fight bias during the spring semester. As a part of the week, we will be having a Mix-It-Up Lunch, where students sit with other students outside of their social circle and classroom community. This encourages students to cross social boundaries.
- Part of the fun of mixing it up is allowing students to meet new people, have fun, and uncover commonalities with students across the school. To create this exciting opportunity for our students, Mrs.Ridley is looking for volunteers to help facilitate conversations with students during lunch. If you are available on Wednesday, April 9th between 10:45 and 1pm, please email or call Mrs. Ridley and come Mix-It-Up!!
- Please pass this along to anyone that you know would be interested in helping!
Thank you for your help and consideration!
Elizabeth Ridley, M.Ed., Professional School Counselor, (540) 289-3004, email@example.com
Tuesday, April 15th — Chick-Fil-A Night, 5 – 7 p.m.
Friday, May 9, the Mobile Dentist will be here providing check-ups and preventative care. Permission forms need to be returned by April 18th. Questions? Contact the school nurse, Misty Lynch.