Click here to link to the voting web site.
Archive for Knightly News
The Fall Sports Parents’ Meeting will be on Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 7:00 P.M.
Parents will hear comments from Mr. Woodrum the AD and from Mrs. Heather Fincham the Head Trainer. They will also watch a video on concussions in the auditorium. After this meeting, teams will break off and have a meeting with individual coaches.
Fall Sports practices begins on Monday, August 4, 2014, for Golf, Cross Country, Volleyball and Cheerleading. Football practice begins on Thursday, August 7, 2014.
Students must have a current physical on file before they can practice. Physicals can be dropped off in the front office at TA.
If you have any questions please call TAHS at 540-828-2008.
Attention students who have signed up to take the SAT’s at Harrisonburg High School this Saturday: doors will open at 6:45 A.M. and testing will begin as soon as they have a full room (first come, first serve). There is a track meet there as well so parking may be crowded. Starting the SAT’s earlier will help alleviate this problem.
The votes are in for NHS officers for the 2014-2015:
- Grant Ketron – President
- Jessica Spiers – Vice President
- Holly Miller – Secretary
- Blaine Hiner – Treasurer
2014 TURNER ASHBY FOOTBALL CAMP
June 16-19, 2014
2005 AA State Champions
Camp Directors: Charlie Newman and Chris Snead
Sponsored By: The Rockingham Recreation Department
Location: Turner Ashby HS - (540) 828-2008
Staff: Turner Ashby Football Coaches & Guest Coaches
Eligibility: Grades 5-12
Registration: Registration may be done at Turner Ashby HS. Please do not call the Recreation department with questions. The registration form requires a signature of a parent.
PRE REGISTER or Register on 1st day
Cost: $ 65
- Checks, money orders and cash will be accepted. Please make
- Checks payable to: Rockingham Co. Dept. of Parks and Rec.
Camp fee’s can be mailed to:
Turner Ashby Football Camp
Att: Charlie Newman
800 North Main St.
Bridgewater, VA 22812
If you have any further questions, please e-mail:
Or call Coach Newman @ (540) 828-2008 / Cell 908-7143
Or Chris Snead @ Cell 560-3611
Schedule: 4:00-4:45 Registration
5:00-5:50 Offensive Fundamentals
6:00-6:50 Defensive Fundamentals
7:35-7:50 Guest Speaker
8:00-8:30 Specialist Period / Speed Development
(Snappers , kickers , punters) & Speed groups
8:35-8:50 1st 7 on 7 Game
8:55-9:10 2nd 7 on 7 Game
- Most Valuable Player (by position & age)
- Mr. Hustle Award (by position & age)
- Team Champions and Runners-Up
- Campers receive a Camp T – Shirt.
- Emphasis on fundamental football skills.
- Positional Instruction for Offense & Defense
- Specialists training (punting, kicking, long snapping..)
- Individual and group instruction
- Team play in a 7 on 7 age group tournament
- Guest speakers each night
- Lot’s of FUN and priceless memories!
What to bring:
- Cleats for outside & tennis shoes for gym
- Dinner (bring a small cooler or bag lunch)
- Sun Block (for 1st hr of camp )
- A burning desire to get BETTER !
The Turner Ashby Football camp was created to bring young football players together from our area to develop and improve fundamental football skills. The camp will emphasize proper blocking, tackling, throwing, catching and running skill’s in a fun learning environment. Instruction in basic offensive and defensive terminology will occur in team periods each day. A special emphasis on the passing game will take place each evening with the age appropriate 7 on 7 passing games. Each day campers will have the opportunity to learn and improve special teams skill’s such as punting, long snapping, place kicking and kick returning. We have also added a speed development period each day for campers.
It is our goal that every camper who attends the TA Football Camp leaves a better football player.
FORMER TA ALUMNI THAT HAVE ATTENDED CAMP
- Scott Stevens –Elon College QB
- Matt Gardner – Randolph Macon WR
- Mike Budd- Bridgewater College OL
- Bret Colbert – Bridgewater College WR
- Chad Pence – Shepherd College WR
- Andy Miracle – Bridgewater College TE
- Matt Huffman – Bridgewater College OL
- Chris Trapp – University of VA LB
- Jason Airey – Bridgewater College RB
- Thomas Rhone – Randolph-Macon DL
- Travis Reznik – John Hopkins DB
- Nick Marshman – Virginia Tech OL
- Zack Lowe – Virginia Tech OL
- Tyler Thomas – Bridgewater College FB
- Brandon Garst – Shenandoah Univ. DB
- Dusty Rexrode – Emory & Henry DL
- Charlie Newman – James Madison U LB/TE
- Seth Little – Bridgewater College DB
- Cody Ochoa – Marshall Univ. Kicker
- Carl McIntyre – Shepherd University OL/DL
- Ryan Flanary – Emory & Henry OL
- Cliff Parkins – Shenandoah LB
- Ryan Short – Emory & Henry LB/TE
- Ben Walker – Emory & Henry OL
- Colton Harmon – Shenandoah LB
- Kyle Linn – James Madison U DB
- Cody Hartman – Averett Univ.
- Alex Collins – Bridgewater
- Justin Shank – UVA Wise
- Josh Powers – Bridgewater FB/TE
- Nic Moyers -James Madison University OT
- Josh Collins – Bridgewater FB/LB
Cross country runners please see Ms. Olbrys (room 155) for summer workout information.
Wrestlers – highlight films are in! Cost is $25.00 each. Bring money to Mr. Crockett in room 214 by tomorrow.
Congrats to the following football players for new personal records in testing yesterday. In dead lift: Jared Clatterbuck 340, Caleb Custer 415, Hunter May 360, Jarret Price 405. In squat, Dalton Gilkerson 320. And Ryan Johns ran a 4.9 40 yard dash. Today is the last day of testing.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! If you have zero discipline referrals for this semester, you get to make a delicious ice cream sundae on Friday (tomorrow) during lunch. Check the lists in the front office window. You will get a ticket from your 2nd period teacher on Friday morning.
Attention all varsity athletic teams – the Athletic Banquet will be held this Sunday, June 1 at 5:00 P.M. in the large commons. Remember to bring a covered dish. Drinks will be furnished by the athletic boosters.